The O’Loughlin Memorial church of St John was built between 1897 and 1908.
The Church of Saint John the Evangelist, or John's Church, is a Gothic Revival style. The Church was built on the site of an earlier church located in the graveyard.
It was built as the O'Loughlin Memorial Church by the O'Loughlin family of Sandfords Court. The site was donated by James Butler, the third Marquess of Ormonde.
It was built to designs by William Hague (c.1840-99), under the supervision of William Henry Byrne (1866–1917).
More information at http://www.buildingsofireland.ie/niah/search.jsp?type=record&county=KK®no=12000178