Thursday, October 27, 2016

I LIKE PHOTOGRAPHING NON-ROUND MANHOLE COVERS [ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE AS ATTRACTIVE AS THIS]

Many, many years ago I was interviewed by a well known US multinational and I was asked a number of what I considered to be rather weird questions [at the time they were weird to someone from Ireland]. One of the less strange questions was “why are manhole covers round” and I answered “they are not always round” … he then said “assuming that they are always round, why are they always round?” looking back that is a bit like “Brexit means Brexit”.

BTW my answer was " If you insist that all manhole covers are round it can only be because you believe that all manholes are round." Anyway, as you may have guessed, I failed to get the job but I was a bit surprised by the reason given - I was unlikely to be a team player.



I LIKE PHOTOGRAPHING NON-ROUND MANHOLE COVERS [ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE AS ATTRACTIVE AS THIS]-122437

No comments:

Post a Comment