Saturday, October 22, 2016

QUICK VISIT TO GLASNEVIN CEMETERY[SONY F2.8 70-200 GM LENS]

My favourite lens is a 70-200mm because it allows me to stand well back and take photographs without people being aware of what I am photographing. I had a Canon 70-200 lens and I really liked it when used with a Canon 5D. In theory the Canon lens could be used with a Sony A7RM2 [via a Metabones adaptor] but in practice I found the combination to be unusable. When Sony introduced the F4 70-200 I was considering getting it but by the time I had raised the cash  Sony announced an F2.8 70-200 so I decided to go with that instead.

There are a few downsides - such lenses are inclined to be very heavy and they do attract a lot of attention [especially if they are white or cream rather than black]. Today five people asked me about the lens and much to my surprise two of the people had Canon 70-200 F2.8 lenses. Also one can end up with photographs containing unexpected detail. For example while photographing in Glasnevin Cemetery today I managed to photograph in great detail the interior of an open family vault. I have never seen an open vault before and I was a bit surprised as it looked like a lockup containing a large number of coffins all of which were in very good condition [they looked new but they varied very much in size and style]. The vault was also packed with statues, wreaths, pictures and dried flowers.

I deleted the photographs as they were an intrusion into someone’s private life.



VIEW THE COMPLETE COLLECTION OF PHOTOGRAPHS
A QUICK VISIT TO GLASNEVIN CEMETERY[SONY F2.8 70-200 GM LENS]-122129

No comments:

Post a Comment