This is well worth a visit and it is easy to get to using public transport. The museum faces the Luas tram "red line" (Museum stop), a Memorial Garden at Croppies Acre marking the 1798 rebellion, and the River Liffey.
Collins Barracksis is a former military barracks in the Arbour Hill area of the city but the buildings are now the National Museum of Ireland – Decorative Arts and History.
Housing both British armed forces, and Irish army garrisons through three centuries, the barracks were the oldest continuously occupied example in the world.
Originally The Barracks, and later The Royal Barracks, the name was changed to Collins Barracks when handed over by the British to the Irish Free State in 1922.
Built in 1702, and further extended in the late 18th century and 19th century, the complex's main buildings are neo-classical in style. Since 1997 the barracks have been home to collections of the National Museum of Ireland , and the original structures have seen some award winning redevelopment and conservation work to support this new role.