Thursday, December 1, 2016

I AM AWAKENED AT 7AM EVERY WEEKDAY [BY CONSTRUCTION WORK DIRECTLY OUTSIDE MY BEDROOM WINDOW]

I cannot believe how long this project has been in progress. One of the builders told me that they will be onsite until mid-2017 and that did surprise especially as a development that I had hoped for was not included. The area where the red containers are located [see my photographs] has been a derelict area for many years and has been a base for serious and often dangerous anti-social activity. My understanding was that this derelict  area was to be built on as part of the museum project but according to the builder it is a separate project to be undertaken by Na Píobairí Uilleann and he suspects that it will not happen because of a lack of funds.

http://rwka.com/project/no.16-henrietta-street
http://www.dmod.ie/competitions/no-16-henrietta-street-ideas-competition/
http://www.riai.ie/competitions/archive-detail/no._16_henrietta_street_open_ideas_design_competition
http://arrow.dit.ie/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1012&context=beschrecart

Henrietta Street is considered to be one of the first and finest planned Georgian streets in Dublin. Its development spans 1729-1758. Amongst its qualities is the rare level of its preservation both as a street and in terms of individual houses, in particular the interiors. The street has survived in spite of its various and in some cases, deeply destructive incarnations.

We campaigned for years to have Henrietta Place resurfaced and after about fifteen years the road was resurfaced twice within a period of about six months and the work was completed shortly before the builders arrived onsite to begin work on the museum. I am not too confident about the quality of the street surface after the builders depart.








I AM AWAKENED AT 7AM EVERY WEEKDAY [BY CONSTRUCTION WORK DIRECTLY OUTSIDE MY BEDROOM WINDOW]-1237948 I AM AWAKENED AT 7AM EVERY WEEKDAY [BY CONSTRUCTION WORK DIRECTLY OUTSIDE MY BEDROOM WINDOW]-1237947 I AM AWAKENED AT 7AM EVERY WEEKDAY [BY CONSTRUCTION WORK DIRECTLY OUTSIDE MY BEDROOM WINDOW]-1237946 I AM AWAKENED AT 7AM EVERY WEEKDAY [BY CONSTRUCTION WORK DIRECTLY OUTSIDE MY BEDROOM WINDOW]-1237945 I AM AWAKENED AT 7AM EVERY WEEKDAY [BY CONSTRUCTION WORK DIRECTLY OUTSIDE MY BEDROOM WINDOW]-1237944

No comments:

Post a Comment