Monday, October 16, 2017

The Calm Before The Storm [Hurricane Ophelia Is Due To Impact On The City Of Dublin]

The Calm Before The Storm [Hurricane Ophelia Is Due To Impact On The City Of Dublin]

At the time of posting my photographs local media outlets are reporting that three people have already dies because of the storm.

 Many years ago colleague was killed in a major storm as the result of being struck by a piece of debris while passing a building site. The really sad thing was that his manager insisted that he turn up for work or face suspension.

 Today I had planned to visit a number of locations but because of really high winds I had to abandon that idea almost immediately I left my apartment. I then decided to visit a local Chinese Restaurant and was surprised to discover that the staff were unaware of the approaching storm.

 I must admit that I was surprised by the fact that Bolton Street and Dorset street were more-or-less devoid of traffic. If you zoom in you may notice some plastic bags floating in the sky towards the top of my photographs. I had hoped to pay one last visit to the 'Sculpture In Context' exhibition in the Botanic Gardens as it closed on Wednesday.


PHOTOGRAPHS SUPPLIED BY WILLIAM MURPHY ...  

  The Calm Before The Storm [Hurricane Ophelia Is Due To Impact On The City Of Dublin]-133279

No comments:

Post a Comment