Friday, October 28, 2016

Dr. Mary Hearn Memorial Park [Cork City]

Every time I visit this place I have problems. The first time I could not gain access. The second year it was full of drunks. This year it was full of over-friendly dogs [big dogs that kept getting in the way and one kept dropping a tennis ball at my feet and failing to engage was not an option]. To be honest, I enjoyed playing with the dogs. The owners were all East European and according to one of them this was a regular meeting place for them and their dogs.

Dr. Hearn was the wife of Robert T. Hearn a rector of St. Anne’s from 1905 to 1939. She was known in the area for her generosity to the poor by way of offering her services for free to those whom she knew could not afford it, and regardless of denomination.



Dr. Mary Hearn Memorial Park [Cork City]-122482

No comments:

Post a Comment